Friday 29 August 2014

Looking forward

So I'm almost in the final month. 
The weather has temporarily taken a turn for the worst (although we're promised it's going to be back in the 20Cs next week).  I have piles of laundry as my toddler is going through a bed-wetting phase, so it's new bedding most days and the general laundry is getting neglected.  I have run out of clean, casual long-sleeved tops and today was not short-sleeves weather.  So today I wore an item I have ear-marked for Oct-Dec project 333.   I'm not sure about it.  In some ways I love it (colours, style) in others I"m not sure (is it too casual, do I look like I'm wearing a sack?).

I'm becoming much more discerning about what I wear now, as if I'm going to wear an item as a wardrobe staple for 3 months, I've got to love wearing it and feel great in it. 

I have a confession.  There are four items of my Project 333 wardrobe I've not worn or only worn once.  I find this unbelievable.  These items are:
  • a pair of black trousers.  I feel that I need a pair.  I wore these all the time prior to 333, but have seriously gone off them and never wear them.  I think it's because feeling good is important to me and, although I didn't realise this when wearing them before, these just don't do it for me.
  • a black shirt.  This would be something I wore for work but I've not worn it for two reasons - 1. It's a little bit tight on me. 2. My workplace is fairly casual/smart-casual, so I don't really need it.
  • a white shirt.  I've worn this once, for an initial business meeting with a prospective client.   It's another victim of the dress-code in my office.
  • my camel-coloured rain coat.  To be fair, I don't feel that the weather has necessitated it.  Maybe once September kicks in...
  • now the weather is slightly cooler, I've also stopped wearing my light-weight patterned trousers.  This makes me sad, but it's so much harder to layer up with trousers.
I'm trying to use this to feed into the selection of Oct-Dec project 333 wardrobe, however the only way I've done this so far is to go shopping.  For the first time in 2 months!  In the sale, obviously.
  • I've ordered some new black trousers, to replace the existing unworn pair.  These look nice on the website, but if they don't fit right/make me feel great, they're going straight back.
  • I've mentioned previously that I have two patterned tops in the current wardrobe that I'm not sure about and don't feel that they suit me, so in the same order I've sent for two plain tops to replace them.  These are short-sleeved and, if they fit/make me feel fabulous, I'm going to replace them in my current wardrobe straight away.  I'm not sure if it's wise to replace in the final month, but I'm hoping (kidding myself??) that I'm building an overall wardrobe that will meet my needs for all the seasons.  I'm also struggling to find short-sleeved, summer tops in deeper colours, so grabbing them when I do find them.
When buying I felt much calmer than in the past.  There was no excited euphoric feeling on placing the order.  The items were in my virtual basket for over a week, until I was sure I was doing the right thing.  This was a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment