Tuesday 31 March 2015

Spring: the final cut

So!  After a couple of weeks trialling (and getting rid of) a few items I have my Project 333 wardrobe for April-June.  The trial was really useful, it allowed me to get rid of anything that doesn't make me feel good (I wouldn't go as far as Marie Kondo in saying that you should get rid if something doesn't "bring you joy" - they are only clothes...) - these were clothes I wore last year, but I've decided they just don't work for me any more.

Here are my jackets/cardigans/cover-ups:
I have two work/smart jackets (brown and cream), plus cardigans in purple stripe, brown and deep red.  In reserve I also have an orange cardigan that I'm wearing right now - it doesn't go with as many things as the above, but I love wearing it.  I may switch this in/out depending on how things go.

Here are some tops:


I have some very definite work tops - the white shirt, green short-sleeves, brown sleeveless, deep red and teal long-sleeves - and definite non-work tops: black long-sleeves, beige long-sleeves, camel jumper/dress, two brown t-shirts and a camel t-shirt.

I actually have no ideal if this is the right split (4 days out of 7 I work = 5 tops, 3 days I don't = 6) but as the weather gets warmer I'm expecting/hoping this will balance out.

Then I've been brave and included three dresses:
I really like them, but not sure I'm going to wear them enough.  The black one is in a handkerchief hem design from braintree that I love, which I last wore for a wedding.  The daisy print I love but not sure about the neckline - I last wore this at a funeral.  The red one was in a "lucky dip" bag from people tree which I've not worn, but love the idea of it.  I have three months to decide to keep it or not...

Then there's the trousers:
At the moment, these are all I'm wearing.  I need to buy more (looking for wide leg linen trousers in khaki or navy - let me know if you see any!) but I don't want to spend money on something that's not quite right, so I'm reserving a couple of places for more trousers (I don't really "do" skirts, especially when it's warmer and there's no excuse for tights/leggings).

This totals 22 items so far.

I also have coats - the same ones as my original Project 333 - a camel-coloured mac (smart), a green light-weight anorak (non-work) and added a beige waterproof.  Bringing the total to 25.

Shoes - at the moment the weather is hideous - we're currently having strong, cold winds and hailstones.  The shoes I've chosen for April-June are not storm-wear.  I've chosen work shoes in black and brown, sandals in black and brown, casual shoes (grey) and trainers (purple with rainbow laces).  There is no photo of them as they're still in the wardrobe, until the weather improves I'm sticking to my Jan-March footwear, boots.

So that's 31 items, not counting bags/scarves/jewellery this time, with some spare capacity for more trousers.

I'm keeping back a few extra "holiday" items as I don't fancy doing laundry while I'm away, but otherwise that's my lot.  Wish me luck...



No comments:

Post a Comment