Sunday 15 March 2015

Springing forward

I'm psychologically prepared for Spring.  We're officially in Spring, we're approaching the Spring Equinox, by the end of the month we will have moved the clocks forward an hour.  I'm ready!
We don't seem to have had a proper winter here, only one day of snow, but that seems to have been balanced out by the weather not yet acknowledging the change in seasons.

I've now had 3 months minus 2 weeks of my Jan-March Project 333 wardrobe, this wardrobe wasn't drastically different from the Oct-Dec wardrobe (that's our bland seasons - and hopefully my shrinking wardrobe), so I'm needing a change!

But despite needing a change, I find that I'm still drawn to the same clothes for the coming months - the thinner cardigans, the same jeans, work "uniform" etc.  I also know that I'm going to need quite a few short-sleeved tops as we go into the warmer months and can't decide which ones.  I have a few dresses that I bought last year, only wore a handful of times, so am reluctant to reject just yet, so I feel that I need to "give them a chance".  I'm anticipating a change halfway through too as I will probably swap out some trousers for linen (when the shops start to sell them).  Because of all this indecision, my current April-June wardrobe is 33 items, not including shoes and accessories. 

I know that bending the rules is allowed, but I'm also aware of starting down the slippery slope - I don't want to do this, I'm loving Project 333!  So I'm going to have a 2 week trial of my April-June wardrobe.  If the weather turns colder I'm reserving the right to hang on to my warm coat and jumpers, but if it brightens up, I'm going for it.

I'm considering using the hanger method - turn all the hangers in the wardrobe one way, then turn each around when you wear the item - but realistically, I know what I've worn and what I haven't.  I have so many "maybes'; I bought them for a reason, but I need to make them work for me, I need to enjoy wearing them and feeling comfortable in them.  So hopefully the 2 week trial will help.
I'm aiming to reject around 5 items either in the first 2 weeks or soon after.

Once I've made some decisions, I'll post the latest wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment