Sunday 6 July 2014

Holiday cheating

I know I've been doing this less than a week, but I need to schedule some cheating.  I've checked the rules, and I'm allowed.  The problem is that I'm going on holiday for 10 days (hooray!) but won't have access to a washing machine (boo).

When on holiday I really don't want to be driving around trying to find a launderette.  I also know that, while I don't mind wearing the same pair of trousers a few days in a row, I'll want a clean top each day.  This is because:
a - I'll be in the south of England, so the weather could be sunny, warm etc as it has been generally for the past few weeks (so potential to get hot and sweaty)
b - or it could be torrential rain (so I'll get soaked through) 
c - I'm planning on trips to the beach where everything (usually) gets full of sand
d - I'll be with a small boy who frequently ends up wearing his food (and therefore, often, so do I)

So, my wardrobe has 5-6 tunics/tops that are suitable for non-work activities.  That leaves me with needing 4-5 days-worth of tops.  I've chosen these:
It's not a great view, but I have:
- a beige linen dress - I don't wear dresses often (hence it's not in the 33) but I like this one enough to take on holiday as an extra
- a striped beige/green tunic - I love this top so much, but it's not in the 33 for two reasons.  1 - I'm not sure stripes do me any favours.  2 - it's actually a maternity top.  I'm not pregnant and couldn't justify choosing a maternity top as one of my 33, but I'm looking forward to wearing it (once) next week
- a brown t-shirt/tunic.  I like this a lot, but there were limited things it would go with in my capsule wardrobe, so I left it out
- a beige t-shirt.  I'm actually not sure if this is going to make it to the end of the season without being sent to the charity shop.  I like the thought of it, but I'm not sure it suits me.  This is make-or-break for this t-shirt...
- a long striped vest.  I'm not convinced stripes look great on me, but I'm on holiday, so don't care (albeit briefly)

In a strange way, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with wearing clothes outside of the 333 capsule wardrobe.  I think I'm worried that I'll like it too much and give up, or I'll not actually wear many of the extras (despite having the opportunity) and then I'll have no reason to save them from the charity shop.  I'm feeling merciless - I've sent two bin bags-worth of clothes to the charity shop this weekend.  There's at least one more bag of potentials, but because they don't quite fit, I'm delaying the decision and putting them in the "decide later" pile.  But when it's clothes that I have worn and loved, it's a bit more tricky...


No comments:

Post a Comment